New Year Beings and Doings

HAPPY 2015 TO ALL! wishing you the best of caring, loving times...
Here's pictures of snack time for toddlers, my oldest group of wonderfully authentic families that will "graduate" in a few short weeks :(  and will be very missed!
One parent wrote this about snack: 

"When my daughter was just shy of her first birthday, we joined a toddler class. Every week, a dozen or so parents and the instructor would quietly observe the children, in an effort to raise 'authentic' and 'competent' human beings, with a minimum of intervention.

ASA gets ready for snack

JACK ably narrates much of the snack action, freely telling his point of view
ASA concentrating on chewing and swallowing his banana-filled mouthful, downing it with no problem

ASA about to pour his own drink of water from the little pitcher

PENNY actively participating in getting her needs met - no banana now, water instead

Each week, the instructor would prepare a snack area on the floor. If a child wanted bananas and juice, he or she had to put aside the toys, sit down, and put on a bib. It was totally optional. But there were requirements. And it was astonishing to watch as these tiny children made their choices. Some went in for the snack in the first or second week. Others took longer. All of them got there eventually.

I’ll never forget how I felt the first time my daughter had the snack. Crazy as it sounds, I was really moved by her little act of independence and the obvious satisfaction it gave her. Now, as
my children near adolescence, I try to remember that I can guide them, but I can’t tell them what to think or feel. I can try to teach them to make good choices, but ultimately, they must be trusted to choose. And if they know what they want – if they can learn to recognize that special light inside themselves—and if they are brave enough to follow it—they will be satisfied.
And that will be enough for me."
 Dee Dee Myers 8/11 Elul1

YOUNG PRE-CRAWLING BABIES AND THEIR PARENTS WILL BEGIN THEIR NEW RIE® GROUP IN WEST HOLLYWOOD STARTING WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 4th FROM 10:30 TO 11:45 am. 
** THERE ARE STILL A FEW OPENINGS LEFT...